Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is the term for medical products and practices that are not part of standard care. Standard care is what medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy and allied health professionals, such as registered nurses and physical therapists, practice.
Alternative medicine means treatments that you use instead of standard ones. Complementary medicine means nonstandard treatments that you use along with standard ones. Examples of CAM therapies are acupuncture, chiropractic and herbal medicines.
The claims that CAM treatment providers make about their benefits can sound promising. However, researchers do not know how safe many CAM treatments are or how well they work. Studies are underway to determine the safety and usefulness of many CAM practices.
Try Any Treatment You Want!
* Acupressure and Acupuncture to release tension and reduce pain
* Alexander Technique to correct poor posture
* Ayervedic Medicine to rejuvenate mind, body, and spirit
* Behavior Health to alter negative tendencies
* Biofeedback to manage stress
* Chinese Herbal Medicine to treat various health ailments
* Chiropractic spinal manipulation to align the body
* Cranio-Sacral Therapy to improve nervous system functions
* Exercise Specialists (Personal Trainers) to reach optimal fitness
* Feldenkrais Method to improve body posture and movement
* Guided Imagery / Hypnotherapy to achieve personal goals
* Hellerwork to recondition body and mind
* Herbal Consultants to treat disease without medicine
* Holistic Physicians and Nurses to maintain overall healing and health
* Homeopathy to cure illness and disease
* Hypnotherapy to change self-defeating attitudes
* Massage Therapy to relax the body and relieve stress
* Meditation to achieve a total mind / body connection
* Myotherapy to relieve muscle tension
* Naprapathy to relax ligaments, muscles, and joints
* Naturopathic Medicine to allow the body to heal naturally
* Nutrition / Dietetics to maintain health with scientific menu planning
* Qi Gong to stimulate and balance the body’s energy
* Reflexology to improve organ function with hand / foot massage
* Reiki healing to balance energy and harmonize the body,mind, and spirit
* Rolfing to align the body with deep massage
* Shiatsu Oriental Massage to restore a balanced flow of energy